Everybody should try to read more during summer vacation. Some of the books I am considering for my new course "Entrepreneurship, Design and Thinking" are below.
- Marvin Minsky "The Emotion Machine"
- Barbara Millman "How to Think Like a Graphic Designer"
- Richard Hamming "The Art of Doing Science and Engineering"
- CK Prahalad "The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid"
- Karl Ulrich "Design: The Creation of Artifacts in Society" http://opim.wharton.upenn.edu/~ulrich/designbook.html
- D School Bootcamp Bootleg (Stanford) http://sophisticatedfinance.typepad.com/files/bootcampbootleg2009.pdf
Bonus reading: Ian Stewart "In Pursuit of the Unkown: 17 Equations that Changed the World"
Not page turners but 5 out of 6 are classics.