A few things I find interesting.
- Overheard on the street, "I buy my eyeglass frames at Goodwill and then have the lenses custom made". Looks like a great example of functional fixedness overcome and re-using materials.
- It looks like more and more people are combining communities with marketplaces as a way to address a social problem in an economically self-sustaining way. Etsy maybe comes close to this idea, but I expect the community to drive the traffic to the marketplace and not the suppliers.
- I find it interesting that there is a significant percentage of the viewers of my TEDx talk on poverty who watch it multiple times. Not sure what it means but it intrigues me.
- U.S. is in the midst of a food craze. People have to stop talking to me about their food ideas. Nobody yet appears to know how to get an incubator off the ground.
- The best young entrepreneurs I see in Miami are women. Not sure we need to focus on helping women start companies, but I understand that "woman entrepreneurship" is a way to differentiate an incubator or accelerator.