Everybody I met last week was talking about Google Glasses. Rare that my week is so heavily themed, but it must mean something. One person said that everyone will buy them when they go mass market at $400 sometime in 2014.
A few thoughts on Google Glasses:
- Hat advertising will become big as everyone runs facial recognition software through their glasses; hint: all the logo images captured by Google
- People will realize that visual recognition software works on body parts besides the face.
- Porn viewing (and all video) will further increase as Google Glasses permit private viewing everywhere.
- As soon as Google Glasses have full phone functionality, phones will go away to wherever the Palm Pilot went; personally I cannot wait for that day.
- Google Glasses for pets will be a market with owner and pet glasses paired.
- Big business applications for Google Glasses where images and "hands free" meet, e.g. surgeons
Shouldn't be long before professors ban Google Glasses in class. Silly professors.
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Image credit: http://www.stoneforge.com